Know the most distant limits of your tools.
If you’re an artist with a passion and an aggression, with a mission to get done, then these books are for you. I show how to automate tasks and invoke the most creative capabilities to a tool, starting with simple foundations and from there reaching as far as it can go. These books cover best practices, relevant and interesting historical notes, and personal experience with their subjects.
The premiere of the series, The Warrior-Poet’s Guide to Python and Blender 2.80, details how Blender works, under its hood; how it can be modified to suit personal needs, and example projects reaching all the way out to interfacing with outside programs and hardware.
- Learn the changes to the Python interface for 2.80, or learn its form from scratch.
- Learn how to create custom panels, operators, and menus.
- Learn the details of the GHOST user-interface system designed for Blender.
- Understand the actual (surprisingly scarce) limits of Python 3.70, and how to install new packages into the Blender interface.
- Find out how to use external tools to boost Blender’s processing precision.
- And more!
Comprehend the raw power available to you.
The second book in the series is on GIMP—The GNU Image Manipulation Program— version 2.10. GIMP was built by VFX professionals to perform high-demand image filter operations; and has a power directly proportional to the user’s understanding of how it works.
Learn to manipulate graphics buffers which are larger than your computer’s very memory. Handle bit-depths of 40 bytes per pixel and up. Understand the foundations of image piping and the GTK+2 widget toolkit. Discover how to use coordinated data as parameters and procedurally build your image. Learn to coordinate tools and effects along vector strokes.
Learn to create filters that only you have ever imagined!
- Learn the major changes to the GIMP plug-in API, as of version 2.10.
- Know which major items have been deprecated in the new version, why, and how they’ve been replaced.
- Understand the evolution of color spaces, and why simply using RGB is inadequate and limiting.
- Learn to quickly create clean and effective design interfaces.
- Have the full power of professional VFX software available at your fingertips!
Not Just Good Enough.
The “Warrior-Poet” is the artist with a dragon inside them, and infinite reserves of craftiness and creative drive. When beginner tutorials are no longer enough, and you want to make your grand idea real, you likely don’t have all of the time in the world.
This series focuses on readily-available software, and shows the reader how to really make it shine. It has no qualms with diving into tricks which traditional guides would gloss over.
Learn to automate the varied tasks of Blender in Warrior-Poet’s premiere, The Warrior-Poet’s Guide to Blender 2.80 and Python. Learn to take advantage of hardware and pipe data directly to the modeling software. Learn about installing additional packages from outside of Blender, and using them for finer scientific calculations.
Have feedback on one of the books? Want to get in touch with the author? Noticed an error in the publication? Please, contact me directly.
I can’t promise that I’ll immediately respond, but feedback from readers is the bulk of how I know of quality, demand, and errata in the texts, and the only real way I can assure the material is adequately pruned of mistakes and maintains an air of quality. I take your feedback very seriously.
Suggestions for future books or on improvements within existing ones are also welcome, but do note that I retain all ownership of my texts. I also cannot promise that I haven’t already been working on an idea, before it was suggested from the outside. That said, if there’s something you really want to see, please tell me!